Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sigh, so many problems on my heels.

It's been a heck of a long run these last couple of months, I've been facing a lot of problems lately, from my personal life all the way to what I plan on doing in the future. I've taken a break from college for a semester to shift through my life and find out just where I am right now. It's been quite a rollercoaster and frankly speaking, it's really been an up and down cycle. I've had a fallout with Dominic, I used to be friends with this guy, but really a lot of things that should have alerted me to his behaviour a long time ago I did not bother to pursue, and right now it is really coming back to bite me in the ass.


He used to brag that he would be able to give people a difficult time if he didn't like them, among many other things, but I didn't really catch on until much later and I didn't tell anyone else about it, probably due to my misguided sense of loyalty. I guess I should have said something about it much earlier on. It always struck me funny how he would list out and overemphasize on all the things that were wrong with a good friend of mine while he spun a very flattering story about me, when at times I was doing worse. When I realized what was going on I backed the other friend all the way, but I didn't point out what Dominic was doing when I should have. The way things have turned out is almost comical if it wasn't so draining.


It's given me a whole new load of problems to deal with, but I guess the bright side is that I caught on to his behaviour, and I'll probably have to put myself out there before he can do more damage than his already done... as it is my relationship with several people have been damaged, if not outright ruined. This is a problem that I should have addressed early on, but with every other thing going wrong, I didn't pay attention to it when I should have tackled it on early. But life is like that, sometimes things go wrong. Fix it, damage control and move on.

No comments: