Saturday, March 5, 2011

Update.

It's been ages since I last posted, there are tons of things going on right now, and I'm thinking of ramping up my investments with options. Options are a form of security derivative, a form of leverage that allows an investor to leverage his investments. EG: Putting down 10,000 bucks and having the exposure to 100,000 bucks of shares. It's far more dangerous but I think I've gotten fairly good at distributing risk.

Anyway, this post is a rant. It's been quite a roller coaster these few months. Lots of things have been going on. Some important, others less so. I've been working semi actively with my father for some time right now, there are plenty of interesting characters, my father talks very cordially with them, but the prevailing theme among them is that none of them are trustworthy. I think that's probably fairly true in most situations. A large part of working is being able to give and take. Sometimes you need to deal with people you wouldn't want to associate yourself with. There are always little weasels putting on a fake front and trying to curry favour, turning your back on them is generally a poor idea. The key is being able to root out people like this and cutting them off early, way before they can sink in their little paws and do damage. I've made a mistake on this before while dealing with a former acquitance of mine, who goes by the name Dominic. It's a mistake I'm not ready to repeat.

Some people get addicted to compliments, they know that the person who is saying the compliments have been telling lies to them. You know that you are being lied to, but you aren't ready to let go because your relying on the things that they are telling you to form your confidence. Regardless of whether it is the truth. It's a poor thing when your not able to form your own opinion without being told what to think.

I've been working on a number of ideas lately, a lot of them are basically ways to get rich. I've had great record in predicting the market, but it's a bull market right now. I'm not sure what my record would be in a bear market. It's probably coming soon. This has been the longest post recession bull market since 1987. I'm not sure whether now is the time to be so heavily vested in the stockmarket, but it's still looking good, so i'm here to stay.

No comments: